Friday, August 01, 2008

August 1st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Take a different approach.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 16-...for a wide door for effective work has opened to me...Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
2 Kings 12-13-As a man was being buried, a marauding band was seen and the man was thrown into the grave of Elisha; as soon as the man touched to bones of Elisha, he came to life and stood on his feet.
Micah 3-Surely the LORD is with us!
Romans 9.6-13-...but the children of the promise are counted as descendants.

God's Word of the Day
Take the open door of service in love I give to you, for I will be with you.

Story of the Day
As I wandered through the Mystery House at the carnival, I came to mirrors that distorted my appearance. I had so much fun with my friends, looking at how different I appeared in the mirror. I slid down circular slides that took me to more unknown places. I walked over spaces that blew puffs of air into my face. At every turn was either something new or a surprise of some kind. The mystery of what may happen next, actually enhanced the fun of the entire experience. So on I went through the house with my friends at my side; laughing and giggling and having a good time. We knew of each other's presence; and in the sharing of the new we delighted. Then at the end, when I thought surely I was going to die from fear of the unknown; I slid down a slide and back to the world I had come from. It was a grand time and new life in the same old world took on a new charge for the rest of the day at the carnival.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I walk through Your Kingdom this day, may I have the fun and excitement that only Your presence can provide. Make my new turns and experiences teach me the wisdom and love You want me to learn. Permit me to have some fun in this Kingdom of Yours. Open doors and windows of new experience and service. Protect me along the way and stay by my side. And in the end, may I touch Your bones and spring to life eternal in praise and glory to You. ---Amen

No comments: