Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Take action

Readings of the Day
John 7.1-24-"If a man receives circumcision on the sabbath in order that the law of Moses may not be broken, are you angry with me because I healed a man's whole body on the sabbath? Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment."
1 Chronicles 27-28-"All this, in writing at the LORD's direction, he made clear to me-- the plan of all the works." David said further to his son Solomon, "Be strong and of good courage, and act. Do not be afraid or dismayed; for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished."
Zechariah 12-And I will pour out a spirit of compassion and supplication on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem...
Matthew 26.6-13-"Why do you trouble the woman? She has performed a food service for me."

God's Word of the Day
I have the plan. I need you to act in compassion and love and carry out My plan.

Story of the Day
We had gone through a definition and scope and detailed engineering scheme to come up with a project plan that would accomplish all the goals set forth. We had gone out to for bids and set up contracts for project execution and contractor management. The plan was about to unfold and take on the active stage. A leadership change was needed at this point. We surveyed the talent within our company and selected a Project Lead. This person's duty was to execute the plan. Make what was on paper come to life. Make what was dead alive and active and living.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know You have the plan. Enable me to hear Your directive actions. Enable me to be able to carry out the portion of the plan You have prepared for me. Answer my simple questions as You see fit. Give me the faith to trust in Your knowledge of the overall plan and to diligently carry out what You have prepared for me. For I know Your wisdom, compassion, and love is ever present in all You do. May I step out boldly today, tomorrow and forever to do Your will in Your Kingdom, day by day. Give me a compassionate and loving heart with a soul that is on fire to act proudly for You in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: