Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 16th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Bounteous blessings.

Readings of the Day
John 2-Jesus is the true temple where we stay. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise up.
1 Chronicles 10-11-Saul dies and David is anointed king.
Zechariah 1-God returns to Jerusalem with compassion and builds His house in it.
Psalm 67-The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, has blessed us.

God's Word of the Day
See the harvest and give thanks for your daily bread.

Story of the Day
I really didn't have to do much for it. I planted a seed and up it sprung. Sure I took some time to trim it and water it and care for it. But this was just kind of fun stuff to do. But the hours of joy it brought, the colors it displayed, and the fruit it produced were way beyond anything I could ever expect. I really didn't have to do much for all this blessing. At one time I even destroyed it out of my selfish anger. Then it grew on it's own. It grew and allowed me back to care for it. It's as if it took on a second life. After I had abandoned it, something permitted me to return and it seemed instead of me doing the work, it was doing the work for me and giving the blessings or the fruit to me. I really didn't have to do much for it. It did it for me. It rebuilt me! Amazing!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know how I have destroyed the temple. How I have been stubborn and selfish at times. How I have left it behind. Forgive my sin. Let me abide in Your Temple. For You have raised up the Temple. Let me abide in Jesus. Permit me to be a part of the rebuilding of my temple with Yours. ---Amen

No comments: