Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Contain, watch, stand-by and clean up.

Readings of the Day
John 1.35-51-"Look, here is the Lamb of God!..."Come and see."..."Follow me."..."We have found him about whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus son of Joseph of Nazareth."..."Come and see."..."Here is truly an Israelite in whom there is no deceit!"..."You will see greater things than these."..."Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
1 Chronicles 9-Return from exile and through your heritage pick up on the work once left behind in joy for the Lord has permitted your return.
Haggai 1-2-Rebuild, and focus that rebuilding on the temple of God both physical and spiritual.
Luke 1.46-55-...for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant.

God's Word of the Day
Come and see! Look! Follow Me! I have come in flesh and blood and am present with you!

Story of the Day
We looked all over the place. My older daughter, who just loved to socialize with people and was so wonderful and caring and compassionate, that she could strike up a conversation with anyone, had left our company. Here we were together at the conference center looking at all of the displays that the college had put before us. So many booths, so many curriculum's to learn about. So many people to talk to and enjoy. And here my wife and I were, looking for our friendly daughter. We would ask someone if they had seen her. They would reply, "Sure! You must be talking about that friendly girl, but she just left." So on our search went. Finally she found us! She came up behind us and tapped us on the shoulder and with a big smile gave us a wonderful hug and told us how much she loved us and how happy she was that we had brought her to look at this college. Our worry turned completely around in some strange way. Worry, aggravation to a loving smile and loving words. Our daughter...our mystery...our love...come to us as we were searching for her...come to us in our worry and aggravation...come to us in love.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, if I but turn around and look and see, if I but follow You, if I look...I see the Lamb of God...I see Love...I see Compassion...I see Salvation...I see a mission...I see a plan...I see a Kingdom...I see so much mystery. May I return in the forgiveness of my sin, may I return from exile to begin the rebuilding in love and faith all that You have in store for me, for us, for Your church. May I return to You as You have found me and called me unique. Choose me and use me this day as Your lowly servant. You are my delight. May I be Yours? ---Amen

No comments: