Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 14th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Copy what is important.

Readings of the Day
John 1.19-34-"Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
1 Chronicles 7-8-More genealogy continues.
Zephaniah 3-The LORD has taken away the judgments against you, he has turned away your enemies. The king of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you shall fear disaster no more.
Revelation 15.1-4-Great and amazing are your deeds, Lord God the Almighty!

God's Word of the Day
Just look at it! Look at creation, look at salvation, look at forgiveness! Just look and see what I have done for you!

Story of the Day
As I lay in my tent that evening with the top cap off, I could see what seemed to be billions of stars. Here at the campsite the stars shown brightly. Then my ears were filled with the praise of a million different insects, birds and animals. Light and sound praising the Creator. Creation responding in a chorus of praise. How small I felt in one respect. How honored I felt in another to be a creation of a God that could do all this. A God that could do all this and then on top of that come to me personally. Come to me as a child and give me dreams and visions and an offering to play all life long. Come to me in pain and suffering and death. Come to me in joy and laughter and fellowship. Come to me and get personal with me. Come to me and forgive my sin. Sin that deserved death and eternal damnation. So that evening, there was absolutely no other choice than to join in the praise. Great and amazing are Your deeds, Lord God Almighty!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You are Amazing. You are Wonderful. You are my Savior. You are my Friend. You are my Guide. You are my King. You are my Love. You are my Teacher. You are my Healer. You are my Reason. You are my Creator. You are all...Great and amazing are Your deeds! Lord God Almighty! Always, now and forever! ---Amen

No comments: