Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December 10th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Rejoice

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 5.21-33-Each of you, however, should love his wife as himself, and a wife should respect her husband.
Ezekiel 16-I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the LORD, in order that you may remember and be confounded, and never open your mouth again because of your shame, when I forgive you all that you have done, says the Lord GOD.
Isaiah 45-Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth!
Luke 1.5-17-Then there appeared to him an angel of the Lord, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.

God's Word of the Day
Rejoice in the covenant of forgiveness that I have set in front of your eyes.

Story of the Day
At first I thought it was like that show I had seen. The guy was driving along and a light stopped his car and then he was abducted by aliens. I was sure it was something like this. I sat there reading the Bible and reflecting on the words and stories written years ago, when I saw this great light. A light and then an angel next to me. A messenger from God that spoke truth. I was confounded and couldn't bear to open my mouth because I knew of my sinful nature. So the angel spoke to me. The angel told me of my calling and of how God would use me. Here I was in study of the word and an angel comes to tell me what I'm to do and what is about to happen. I will have a son and I am to name him John. This son of mine will proclaim the coming of the Messiah. Right in front of my eyes was a great light, an angel, a calling, forgiveness of my sinful being and an eternal purpose to my life. I didn't deserve any of this honor. I was a sinner after all. I was seeking God in the word and He came to me instead. He found me and used me in His eternal plan. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give you thanks that You call us. You call us, You forgive us, You equip us and You send us out with an eternal purpose in Your Kingdom. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: