Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Anticipation

Readings of the Day
Luke 1.26-56-Mary said to the angel, "How can this be...?" The angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you..." Then Mary said, "Here am I..."
Ezekiel 34-For thus says the Lord GOD: I myself will search for my sheep, and will seek them out.
Isaiah 58-Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am.
Romans 13.11-14-For salvation is nearer to us now than when we became believers...

God's Word of the Day
I am near.

Story of the Day
It was such a good sight to see. My cousin had finally arrived from a long and hard trip. I could tell he was tired. So I offered him some of the hay that was put aside in the manger we all fed from in that barn. As he took a bite or two, the party he was travelling with moved him aside. Then as we all looked on, they made a small bed out of the hay. They continued to place a small human child in the hay as if it was a bed. I wasn't sure why our food trough had become a bed, but you could tell that there was something special about this baby. So we all gathered around this baby that had come to us in our home and taken the place of our feed trough. It was as if we would some day take this child into ourselves and feed on this child. It was as if this child would nourish our bodies and give us all we needed to sustain life. There was something special about this child. So I gathered together with my cousin, and a couple of our friends gathered around this child that would sustain our lives in a feed trough. We couldn't help but to praise this child in our own ways, I brayed with my cousin in unison and the cow mooed and the pig snorted and the mother cried and the father was so proud. Here was a special child that united all of us, to feed us life from that manger that night. It was such a good sight to see. My cousin hand finally arrived from a long trip and had brought the gift of life with him.

Prayer of the Day
Lord; I prepare for Your coming to feed me the gift of life. You came in a manger. A feeding bowl. Nourish my soul and give me life. Let Your Life penetrate my being to the core that I may live for You, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: