Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Move forward

Readings of the Day
Luke 5.1-26-Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch.
Ezekiel 48-And the name of the city from that time on shall be, The LORD is There.
Isaiah 66-All these things my hand has made, and so all these things are mine says the LORD.
John 8.12-19-I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.

God's Word of the Day
Move forward in the light of Christ.

Story of the Day
I looked up into the sky that early morning to see the comet streaking through the sky. You could see a tail of light behind the greater light of the comet. I suppose all of this I was seeing was really a reflection of light from our sun, but I'm not really sure about this. What struck me that morning was that the greater light had produced a trail that feathered out of small lights. It was as if the small lights in the tail were following the greater light. The smaller lights were kind of hanging on as the greater light led the way through space and into eternity. The greater light knew the direction and knew the way as the smaller lights followed.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I reach out to hang onto you. May I follow Your great Light. And may some portion of Your great Light reflect through in my life this day. Lead me on into eternity. I follow with the hope and faith only You can supply. May we always be connected through the Light, hand-in-hand, as You take me deeper and deeper. ---Amen

No comments: