Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Blood renewal

Readings of the Day
Philippians 4-Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Ezekiel 25-26-For thus says the Lord GOD: When I make you a city laid waste, like cities that are not inhabited, when I bring up the deep over you, and the great waters cover you, then I will thrust you down with those who descend into the Pit, to the people of long ago, and I will make you live in the world below, among primeval ruins, with those who go down to the Pit, so that you will not be inhabited or have a place in the land of the living.
Isaiah 53-But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed.
Mark 9.9-13-So they kept the matter to themselves, questioning what this rising from the dead could mean.

God's Word of the Day
Think about what I have done for you and live as I command you to live.

Story of the Day
We jumped out of the car and ran towards the playground. There were so many kids there that day. I met Johnny and Susie and Carman and George that day. We played together, taking turns on the slide. We swang together trying to see who could get the highest before jumping into the air from our swings. We got the merry-go-round going so fast that you could barely hang on without sliding off of it. We had so much fun that day. Then George ran and stumbled into a hole in the ground. George had hurt his ankle. We ran to George and picked him up and helped him walk over to the picnic table. We cared for George and made him feel better by telling jokes and stories. Before you know it, George was ready to go back and play again just as hard as we played before. We were glad George was playing again.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes I need a little renewal. I need renewal at the deepest levels. I need renewal in my blood. I need my blood that pumps through my very heart and soul to reflect the joy and love and honesty only You can provide. Be with me this day as I joyfully respond to Your gracious forgiveness of sin. Be with me this day as I, in laughter, respond to Your teachings and Your Word. Be with me this day when I stumble and fall. I give You thanks for the pain and suffering You endured for the punishment that I deserved. I give You thanks for the rescue of my life. Be with me when I see another stumble and fall that I may show the Love You have infused into my very blood. Be with me this day when I tell the stories of all You have done in my life. Be with me, and be with all those I play with this day, that we may live for You, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: