Monday, December 08, 2008

December 7th and 8th - Let's Play!

Theme
Stiff

Readings
Ephesians 4-There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.
Ezekiel 10-13-The word of the LORD came to me:...
Isaiah 42-43-I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will bee with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. fir I am the LORD your god, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

God's Word
I am One and you shall be one with Me.

Story
It was dark in here. The only light we had were the lights coming from our flashlights. Finally we arrived. We arrived deep within the tomb we were exploring. We saw the bones of one that had lived years ago. This exploration was going to be successful. We would learn so much of the past now that we had arrived. The bones were laid out in perfect formation. It was obvious that at one time or another this person had lain undisturbed and stiff for many years. This was a life lived. This was a love displayed. This was life. In these bones was life. A unity we all possess as one together. We all live. We are one in life. We live one for the other and our history and future depends on the lives we live. It was dark in here, but we saw the light of life anyway.

Prayer
Lord, You are Life. You are the source of life. Your are the light of life. In You alone I live and breathe. It is only through Your grace that I live. Be with me this day as I walk the path of life. Lead me, guide me, teach me and show me how to live the life You have given. You are Life! You are my Savior! You are Life, now and forever! ---Amen

No comments: