Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Laughter

Readings of Day
Philippians 2.12-30-It is by holding fast to the word of life that I can boast on the day of Christ that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
Ezekiel 21-22-Remove the turban, take off the crown; things shall not remain as they are.
Isaiah 50-Why was no one there when I came? Why did no one answer when I called?
Ephesians 6.10-17-Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

God's Word of the Day
Rejoice and hold fast to My Word.

Story of the Day
Don't eat the apples. Make a really big boat. Build a tower to heaven. Look back and turn into salt. You will have a baby in your old age. Dress up in animal skin to feel hairy. Put on a fancy coat. See and hear a burning bush. All those plagues. Make a cow out of gold. Take a lifetime walk in the desert. Invade a land of giants. Hide your underwear. Marry a whore. Rebuild a broken wall. Wait for a Messiah. A baby is born in a manger.

Many and humorous ways of God and many and humorous ways of responding to God by mankind. We seem to want to remove the ridiculous from our lives yet we hold on to the ridiculous of our lives. When we discover we don't have the answers to life we turn back to God with silly questions and serious questions. We turn from ourselves and see that God has come to us. Come to us in our simplicity. Come to us in our stench. Come to us and is born with us in a feeding trough in a barn. What fun God must have. How He must laugh with us as He witnesses our growth. God comes to our very door each and every day. Comes to us in our stench. Comes to our messy home and messy lives. Comes right up to the front door. Will you answer the door? Will you open the door? Christ is coming to your door this day!

Prayer of the Day
So many twists and turns of so many lives. You've seen it all. I'll bet You get a kick out of Your silly children. I'm waiting at the door. Waiting and hoping that You will come to the door of my life, to the door of my heart; to my door that I may open that door, and answer Your call and go and run and laugh and play with You in Your Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever. For You are the Word that I cling to. You are my Father. You are my Savior. With You I rejoice and gladly shout praises. ---Amen

No comments: