Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Enthusiasm

Readings of the Day
Luke 1.1-25-This is what the Lord has done for me when he looked favorably on me and took away the disgrace I have endured among my people.
Ezekiel 33-The word of the LORD came to me...
Isaiah 57-Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove every obstruction from my people's way.
Romans 10.5-13-The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart.

God's Word of the Day
Believe it and get excited about it...I am coming to you!

Story of the Day
It was a tradition. At camp we would go into the pines. The pines was a forest of trees that were planted years ago at the camp. The trees were wonderful to hide in. We would wait till late at night and our youth group would proceed to the pines. Home base was the Trinity Tree next to the shelter. The Trinity Tree was a tree that seemed to be three trees joined together as one. Then we would hide in the pines. With flashlights, a couple of people who were "it," would proceed to find the people in the pines. It was a little dangerous, running in the pines at night. Every once in a while someone would run into a tree and get hurt. But we all would have a blast being chased down by the couple that were "it." Some would return to the Trinity Tree and be safe. Others would be caught by the searchers. Always we would gather at the end of the game at the Trinity Tree. Seemed somehow appropriate and somehow prophetic for a group of youth the meet at the Trinity Tree and rejoice in the fun of life at the camp.

Prayer of the Day
Sometimes I hide. Sometime I hunt. Always we meet at the Tree of Life. You are near to me in Word. You are near and in my heart. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: