Saturday, December 06, 2008

December 6th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 3-I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Ezekiel 8-9-I looked, and there was a figure that looked like a human being; below what appeared to be its loins it was fire, and above the loins it was like the appearance of brightness, like gleaming amber.
Isaiah 41-I, the LORD, am first, and will be with the last.
Mark 11.27-33-By what authority are you doing these things?

God's Word of the Day
I am everlasting and all authority belongs to Me.

Story of the Day
I was so mad! I was being punished for not eating my vegetables. I had to sit at that table all by myself until I had finished eating the vegetables. So I sat there for a good half hour. I made up my mind that this was it! I would eat these stinking vegetables, then I was running away. I couldn't take this anymore. So I ate the cold vegetables and got up from the table and walked out the front door. It was raining on this chilly October evening. I didn't even bother putting on my shoes when I left. I went out the door with only socks, a tee shirt and my jeans on. I walked down the block to who knows where. I was steaming mad! As I walked along, my feet wet and getting cold; the elements began to make me realize how stupid this whole thing I was doing was. Neither Mom or Dad or brother or sisters came after me. No one really cared that I had left! My feet were wet and I was cold. I was only making things worse on myself. But, I was going to show them! So I walked on trying to figure out what I was going to do next. How would I live? How would I eat? As I walked, I felt dumber and dumber. I thought about returning, but how would I save face? Finally I gave up on this whole thing. I came back home. No one said a word. I went upstairs to my room and sulked for the evening. What a waste of time, I thought. No one even cared! But when I went back downstairs; Mom and Dad took me in like I had never left in the first place. They loved me just the same. They knew I had left; but they let me wander off. I knew this was the place called home, where love abounded, even in my fits of anger over trivial things like eating vegetables.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes I throw a fit or two over something You ask me to do that is for my own good. Forgive my sinfulness. Permit me to discover the Love You have always for me. An eternal Love that is there from beginning to ending. Shine Your bright Light of glory into my life that I may turn around and return to You. For I know of Your constant presence and love. You are everlasting Love. I see all Your authority in the Love you freely give. ---Amen

No comments: