Friday, December 05, 2008

December 5th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Coldness

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 2-For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God---not the result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ezekiel 6-7-The word of the LORD came to me:...
Isaiah 40-Every valley shall be lifted up. and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. Then the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
Jeremiah 1.4-10-Now I have put my words in your mouth.

God's Word of the Day
I have forgiven and removed the sin of coldness from your heart and put My Word in your mouth. Go and speak My Word to all.

Story of the Day
Batman was captured and the Joker was making fun of Batman's lack of power. It seemed a hopeless situation. Batman and Robin were being lowered in a net into a tank of acid. Their doom was about to follow. There were words from the Joker. There were jokes made and the Joker was having so much fun with all of this. Then Batman pulled a device from his belt that shot a rope into the rafters of the building. Together Batman and Robin climbed the rope and swung down on the Joker and his guards. A vicious fight took place. Batman and Robin had secured the Joker and all of his guards. The police were called and the criminals were hauled off to jail. With the city now safe. Batman was interviewed by the press. Batman attributed his success to the gifts that had been given to him in his Bat belt. Gifts that he had put to use. Gifts that had saved the lives of people. Gifts that had saved the lives of Batman and Robin.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for Your gift of the Word. You give the Word written, spoken and acted out in deed. Thank you. Take my cold and sinful heart and forgive me. Forgive me and fill me with Your Spirit. Fill me with Your gifts and Your Word that I may go out into Your Kingdom each and every day and proclaim Your glory in Word spoken and written, and in Word acted out in love towards those You give to me each day. ---Amen

No comments: