Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 28th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Life

Readings of the Day
Luke 3.21-38-And a voice came from heaven, "You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am will pleased."
Ezekiel 42-43-And there, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the east; the sound was like the sound of mighty waters; and the earth shone with his glory.
Isaiah 63-Why are your robes red, and your garments like theirs who tread the wine press?
Luke 2.22-40-At that moment she came, and began to praise God and to speak about the child to all who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.

God's Word of the Day
I have come to you. Now speak up and tell the world about what I have done.

Story of the Day
We had worked hard all day long and had settled down by the fire to eat and relax and enjoy the evening. This was a dirty tiring job. Those sheep just couldn't stay in one place some days. It seemed we had to run all over the hills to keep them in a group. And you sure didn't want to lose one, because that came right out of your pay, and the pay wasn't all that great to begin with. Just as things were beginning to get quiet, the skies opened. At first I thought it must have been a great thunderstorm. The light was so bright! But then I heard some singing. Singing of what must have been all of heaven. Then a calling to get up and go. To go to a place in Bethlehem where we would see the Messiah. This was such a big thing that it just didn't seem real. Then on top of all that it was beyond imagination why the Messiah would come to a bunch of us dirty shepherds. But our curiosity was peaked. So we went. We trod through the dirty dung filled fields to a baby lying in a manger. And sure enough, it was just like we were told it would be. Now we couldn't help but to run and tell everyone we saw what we had seen. The Messiah had been born...the Messiah had come...the Messiah had come to us...the Messiah had come to me went I least expected.

Prayer of the Day
You did it! You came to me when I least expected it. You came to me when I was unprepared. You came to me when I was dirty. You came to me in the place that I was. You really know what it's like to be me. You came to save me. You came in the blood of birth to live to suffer to die in the blood of death and to heal the world and bring peace. You came to die for us. Thanks be to God, You came, You lived, You died and best of all You rose again to be our King and Messiah forever and ever. You did it! You came to me when I least expected it. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: