Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Lift

Readings of the Day
Colossians 1.1-23-May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.
Ezekiel 24-So you shall be a sign to them; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Isaiah 52-How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings good news, who announces salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns."
2 Samuel 6.1-11-The anger of the LORD was kindled again Uzzah; and God struck him there because he reached out his hand to the ark; and he died there beside the ark of God.

God's Word of the Day
I am your God. I come to save you. You need not defend Me, for I am God.

Story of the Day
The carver approached the tree and was trying to convince the tree that he would take care of him. The carver told the tree that he would transform him into something wonderfully beautiful if only he gave him his life. The tree was not convinced. The tree was afraid of death. The tree was afraid of the pain that the chisel, the ax and the knife would bring to him. But the carver insisted that the tree believe in him. So the carver took the tree. The tree was not willing. The carver took the ax and cut the tree down. The carver stripped the bark from the tree until it laid bare before all the world. Then the carver went to work with loving hands and moved skillfully with the chisel and the knife. Oh how this caused pain to the tree. The tree had lost all that it had thought made it majestic. The tree had lost it's bark, it's leaves and it's towering height above all creation. The tree was now humbled and bare and it's very existence was completely in the hands of the carver. Finally the carver had finished his work. The most beautiful of all statues had been created by the carver out of the flesh of the tree. The tree looked upon itself and was amazed by what it saw. It had no idea what the carver was talking about when it stood in the forest. But now as the tree beheld it's beauty. As the tree looked upon what the carver had done. The tree could not help but to sing praise and glory to the Carver. The Carver had molded the tree into what He wanted the tree to be. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I am humbled by Your grace. I am humbled by Your creative power. I am humbled by all the work You have committed to me to save me and call me and make me Your own. Carve me into the instrument You wish for me to be. Then use me to Your glory, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: