Wednesday, December 03, 2008

December 3rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Let the blood be tested

Readings of the Day
Galatians 6-Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Ezekiel 2-3-So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat. He said to me, Mortal, eat this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it. Then I ate it; and in my mouth it was as sweet as honey.
Psalm 149-Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of the faithful.
Psalm 79-Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of your name; deliver us, and forgive our sins, for your name's sake.

God's Word of the Day
Take and eat. Praise and give. I forgive.

Story of the Day
My face was burning and seemed aflame over the fire. The molten metal almost seemed to boil. I could really feel the heat and sweat poured from my face. The heat lit up my face and made it glow. The slag and dross had floated to the top of this metal. I skimmed it off so that the metal would be made pure. The heat and flames rose to my face and sweat poured even more greatly from my brow as I skimmed off the dross. Then to make this metal that I was testing the very purest of all metals, I added a scroll of the Word to it. As the sweat of my brow dripped into the pot, my sweat turned to blood and it dripped into the pot also. So now, not only did the pot of hot molten metal become pure, it was purified with the sweat from my own brow and the blood of my own being and the scroll of my Word. This was hard work; but it was worth it. For I had created something new from something that needed to be thrown away. I had saved this metal with my own body, blood, sweat and Word.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, here I am that molten metal in the heat of the flame. I see Your face glowing with love above me. I see the sweat and blood and Your Word being added to me. Purify me and make my sinful being new in You. Forgive my sin and boil it out of me. Cleanse me through Your Word. Hear my song of praise to You! Hear my song of praise, even in the midst of the fire. You are my Savior! You are my God! You are the one who walks with me. Walks with me, even in the midst of the fire. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: