Tuesday, December 02, 2008

December 2nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Snap back in place

Readings of the Day
Galatians 5.16-26-By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Ezekiel 1-And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form.
Psalm 148-Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!
Revelation 18.1-10-After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority; and the earth was made bright with his splendor.

God's Word of the Day
Display the fruit I have made you to produce and you will be made bright with My splendor.

Story of the Day
It was early morning and the sun was just about to rise and warm the earth. As I walked along the path and the sun rose to shed light and warmth; I couldn't help but notice a sparkle beside the path some distance ahead. It was an intriguing site to behold. My curiosity was aroused and my pace quickened to see what this was that I was seeing. With each step the sparkle became larger and brighter. The sparkle seemed to be absorbed by everything around this site. Then when I finally arrived at the site, I noticed the sparkle and light had enveloped my very being. I was looking at the most gorgeous fruit hanging from the healthiest of trees. This fruit was not a fruit that you would want to eat, but rather a fruit that you felt as if you wanted to produce yourself. This fruit and it's sparkle were obviously a gift from God. This fruit was the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. This common fruit had taken on the appearance of the Spirit. It was early morning and the Son was just about to rise and warm the earth. And fruit was produced that day.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, may I produce the fruit You would have me produce. Hear my praises. Hear my song to You this day. Rain down Your life-giving water from above the dome that I may produce Your fruit of love this day and always. ---Amen

No comments: