Monday, December 29, 2008

December 29th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Hope

Readings of the Day
Luke 4.1-30-Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil.
Ezekiel 44-45-Put away violence and oppression, and do what is just and right.
Isaiah 64-O that you would tear open the heavens and come down, so that the mountains would quake at your presence...
Matthew 12.46-50-For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.

God's Word of the Day
See how My Son has come down into temptation and resisted. Likewise do My will.

Story of the Day
I was put here to do this very thing. I was placed here to resist the flow of current. I had to take the current and absorb the energy giving it off as heat into the cold air around me. If I got too much current, I would surely burn up. But somehow the amount of current that I saw was regulated by another source. Somehow the amount of current never became too much. But it was still tough going through life resisting the current and giving it off as heat. I was called to do this very thing. And when I did, everything seemed to work out for the good of all. I was put here to do this very thing.

Prayer of the Day
As I endure the temptation of sin, may I resist and follow Your will and Your way. May I look beyond myself to the needs of others. May I know the hope of a greater plan that You have lovingly arranged for all of us. And may I see how You have fulfilled that plan in all I do this day and always. ---Amen

No comments: