Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 20th and 21st - Let's Play!

Theme
Joyous return

Readings
Colossians 2.20-4.18-When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.
Ezekiel 29-32-On that day I will cause a horn to sprout up for the house of Israel, and I will open your lips among them, Then they shall know that I am the LORD.
Isaiah 55-56-For you shall go out in joy, and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst into song, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

God's Word
I have revealed Myself to you. Now go and proclaim My glory to all you meet that they know that I am the Lord.

Story
As the sharp cold wind blew through the streets and yards and over and around the houses, you couldn't but stop to feel it's presence. The wind would hit your face and the sting made you know for sure that you were alive and well. We continued our walk that day through the street. A walk to nowhere that took us somewhere. We walked and talked, my granddaughter and I. I knew of her life from the very beginning and she knew of my life from the time she could begin to remember. She shared her life with me as I shared my life with her. She would tell me things that were happening in the present. I would tell her stories of my past. She caused me to return to my youth and reveal hidden wisdom found through now open mistakes made. I would relate a life past. She would relate a life present. We both found joy in listening to one another. We both would listen and make no judgments on the other. A special bond was made through all the few years of my granddaughters life. A bond of love and understanding. An eternal bond that reached through time was made between a granddaughter and her gramps. There was joy in my return to youth. There was joy for her to hear open truths revealed. We could feel both the sting and the cold of life present during our walk along with the warmth and the glow of love that transcended time. There was a reason to go through time and shout praises to God for life that continues on. Life that continues on into eternity due to a child, a father, a mother, a nation and world and a loving God who makes it all possible. That cold day we were on a walk to nowhere that led to a great somewhere. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Jesus, thank You for coming to this human race to abide with us. Thank You for reaching through time to share life. Thank You for bringing life out of death and giving moments that we all may share with one another. Hear my praises to You as I go out into the world, to the mountain tops, in the valleys, and with the assembly as we clap our hands and shout praises of joy for all You have done for us, now and forever. Thank You! ---Amen

No comments: