Tuesday, March 29, 2005

March 29th Reflection

Tuesday 3/29/2005

Matthew 23.13-39 - Jesus finishes tearing into the Pharisees and Teachers - I must be honest-not show off and be sincere about God-then Jesus laments over Jerusalem - he wants so bad for the people to see the kingdom but knows what is about to happen in this city.

Numbers 23.27-24.25 - So Balak tries another place- takes Balaam there and Balaam still blesses Israel - this is what God chose- Balak is so mad now he runs Balaam off and Balaam delivers a prophecy that the Edomites will one day be defeated by Israel - God has the power to do what he wants- much more power than any king could edict people with.

Song of Solomon 5.2-6.3 - A dream- a little bit of separation and longing for one another- now this does sound like how my relationship with God is - sometimes I can get separated and then I long to have God back in my life- I run to find God and will do anything to be in his presence - but God finds me instead-even though I search- he reveals himself to me- there is sex-desire and longing- it almost appears that the lover or God desires to be very intimate with the lover- maybe this entry in the night is to suggest God’s entry into my life- dare I be that intimate with God? - is this an attempt to describe in human terms God’s deep love for each on of us?

See how to serve, love and obey. Hear Jesus command- Wash those feet in humble love.

Thanks be to God for a love so awesome!-What is your stance as a Christian?-Servant love!

God creates good- He saves me from the flood of sin and death- God provided a Lamb for my offering. God provided his Son- his only Son-Trust in God- His power is mighty- My thirst is quenched with His ever-living water - God will cleanse me and give me life- Sing- Shout and Praise God - God chooses me- baptized me and gave his body and blood for me- Christ is risen in me- Risen indeed!

Jesus collapsed the box and prison of death and sin for me and the world. I will run and tell the world of this awesome freeing love.

Fear love and trust God more than anything else

Psalm 45 - Jesus is the victor over death and sin- he is glorious and powerful and to be praised

2 Chronicles 6.12-21 - God will indeed reside with mortals on earth- heaven can’t contain him - Jesus is our everliving - everlasting King

Psalm 146 - I will praise the LORD as longs as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long - place all hope in God - God saves- God reigns forever

Prayer- Jesus- let the celebration continue on in my life- I hear your tongue lashing for all the things I may boast of - but how can I boast of anything about myself - all my boasting is of you- for you are the ever-living King - you are the everlasting King - you are the ever-loving King- you are King in my life - you are King in my world- you are the victor- you defeated sin and death for me and the world- it’s all about you- it’s all about that deep desire and love and relationship with you- you are God- I want to please you - I want to serve you- I want to sing praises to you and I offer myself to you - use me this day - send me - choose me- equip me and direct me this day - you are God - let the celebration continue - let the celebration continue forever and ever --- Amen

No comments: