Wednesday, February 15, 2006

February 15th People Reflection

Wednesday 2/15/2006

Hebrews 11.1-21-By faith, we see the world called into existence by God’s word…

Exodus 13-14-Stand firm and watch GOD do his work of salvation for you today.

Proverbs 5-listen very closely to the way I see it

1 Esdras 5.47-65-pressing forward the work of the house of God with a single purpose.

Genesis 31.25-50-This pile of rocks means that the LORD will watch us both while we are apart from each other.

Matthew 24.1-14-Not one stone will be left in place.

Psalm 142-You are my place of safety.

"Is that something we can do right now?" – A question by the Leader at the Erie Locomotive Plant. Some things we can do right away- no planning require. Other things require planning an money to be spent up front. You have to believe enough in the idea to take a chance and spend some money first. And that’s where faith comes in. By faith I can see a different world- by faith I can watch God work his salvation story today and every day in my life and the lives of others. By faith I can pause and listen carefully- go forward into unknown lands- do things that I normally would never do- By faith I work in God’s kingdom with a single purpose – by faith I praise a God calling me to love others in this world- by faith I mark his promises with stone and see God’s action go way beyond stone and into my very being. By faith I place all my safety in God. "Is that something you can do right now?" – Sure-that’s the easy stuff- but I want the stuff that takes faith.

Prayer-Lord, I place on my faith and trust and hope in you. Call me-lead me-guide me this day. -- Amen

No comments: