Sunday, February 19, 2006

February 19th People Reflection

Sunday 2/19/2006
Matthew 1-While he was trying to figure a way out he had a dream.
Exodus 20-21-Don?t be afraid, God has come to test you and instill a
deep and reverent awe within you so that you won?t sin.
Proverbs 9-Are you confused about life, don?t know what?s going on?
1 Esdras 8.68-9.36-Even in our bondage we were not forsaken by our LORD
Mark 2.1-12-So they made a hole in the roof above him and let the man
down in front of everyone.
Ecclesiastes 4.1-12-If you fall your friend can help you up.
Psalm 133-It is like the dew from Mount Hermon?

?You work the day shift and I?ll work the night shift.? ? A couple of
men talking about a job counting money. We were in a waiting room. I
was sitting with a family of people and couldn?t help but to listen to
the conversation. They really didn?t mean what they said- just were
talking about dream jobs that sounded easy and fun. A job counting
money for someone who had it made. God speaks to people through dreams
sometimes. When Joseph was trying to figure out what to do with a
pregnant Mary- God spoke to him in a dream. Sometimes I feel tested by
God and God is working on me- showing me a better way- maybe even
speaking to me in dreams- but it?s a good training. Like when the
football coach would give me ?hell??it?s because he cares- wants me to
improve- has not given up on me- and yea- sometimes I get confused
about life- but I must watch who I listen to at those times- it?s real
easy to listen to the wrong person ? or even sometimes to listen to
myself- I must carefully listen for the voice of God- in dreams- in
other people- in nature- in all sorts of way- but try to discern God?s
word from the worlds word- listen for God?s Word- and when I hear the
Word- I can rest assured that I can even lower my family or friends
right through the roof ? right in front of Jesus ? the Word- and Jesus
will heal them and me both together- and then there are friends that
are willing to lower me into Jesus presence ? and those friends are
like the dew from Mount Hermon- that sweet dew from heaven- that
miracle of providence from God--- ?You work the day shift and I?ll
work the night shift.? ? What ever the plan- whatever the dream- I?ll
be glad to work ? for and with friends.

Prayer- Lord, thank you for the opportunity to be a friend ? to be the
one who cuts the hole in the roof and lowers another into your
presence- and thanks for you healing touch in our lives- and thanks
for friends who are willing to lower me in when I need it- who are
willing to pick me up when I need it- for you are a gracious and
loving God who provides for all I need. -- Amen

No comments: