Friday, February 17, 2006

February 16th and 17th People Reflections

Thursday 2/16/2006
Hebrews 11.22-40-God had a better plan for us: that their faith and
our faith would come together to make one completed whole, their lives
of faith not complete apart from ours.
Exodus 15-GOD is my strength, GOD is my song, and, yes! GOD is my
salvation.
Proverbs 6.1-7.5-good teaching is a light
1 Esdras 5.66-73-We will build with you.
Psalm 41-you will always be close to my side
John 14.23-31-But the Holy Spirit will come and help you
Psalm 86-With all my heart I thank you.

?I want someone to be with me now.? ? Sometimes we need some help- we
need someone to aid in guidance- sometimes we just need to be with
someone- God knows this- God unites us with others who have faith-
their faith and our faith come together to make on completed whole- we
can?t be apart from one another- and it?s in this faith that we see a
God who is strong and a God who saves us- a God that puts a song in us
and gives us teaching and light- a God that builds us- with the help
of others of faith- friends and family and those loving people God has
placed in my life- God builds through these people and God is always
close by my side- in and through people of faith. It?s so comforting
to know that God loves me so much that he gives me others and sends
his Holy Spirit to come and help me. With all my heart I will give
thanks to God. ?I want someone to be with me now.? ? And thanks be to
God for all those people he has given to me to work his loving power
through.

Prayer- Lord, thank you for sending your Spirit- and thank you for
your love and the love of the faithful you have placed in my life. --
Amen

Friday 2/17/2006
Hebrews 12-The trouble you?re in isn?t punishment; it?s training, the
normal experience of children.
Exodus 16-17-That evening quail flew in and covered the camp and in
the morning there was a layer of dew all over the camp. When the layer
of dew had lifted, there on the wilderness ground was a fine flaky
something, fine as frost on the ground?And it tasted like a cracker
with honey.
Proverbs 7.6-27-So friends, listen to me.
1 Esdras 6.1-7.15-We are the servants of the LORD who created the
heaven and the earth.
Isaiah 43.18-25-Don?t think about the past. I am creating something
new.
Isaiah 38.1-22-It was for my own good that I had such hard times.
Psalm 146-Shout praises to the LORD!

?Do you want this in a bag??-A clerk at Walmart in Hickory ? Sometimes
I want to put the trouble I?m in ? in a bag- put it away- but I can?t ?
God exposes my troubles and lays them right out in the open- no bag
for this- and then he sends miracles to help me in my troubles-
miracles in doctors, friends, and in his Holy Spirit- just like he
sent the sweet dew drops of manna to his Chosen People- God has sent
me sweet dew drops of love to sustain me in rough times- in troubles
times- crackers with honey- and through God?s miracles- I listen- I
listen for direction ? I listen for when and when not to take action-
I listen as his servant- waiting on something new- those times of
trouble aren?t punishment- but are ? in the end ? some good things-
things that will be for my own good- and yea- in the end it will all
cause me to shout praises to God??Do you want this in a bag?? ? Naw-
leave it right out in the open- God will show me how to get through
this one too.

Prayer- Lord, let me see you ? let me hear you- let me serve you ?
right out here in the open. ? Amen

No comments: