Friday, February 24, 2006

February 24th People Reflection

Friday 2/24/2006

Matthew 5.21-48-Let’s not pretend this is easier that it really is.

Exodus 30-32-And GOD did think twice.

Proverbs 14-Hard work always pays off; mere talk puts no bread on the table.

Acts 1.15-26-So we need someone else to help us tell others that Jesus has been raised from death.

2 Corinthians 12.7-10-My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak.

Psalm 37.1-9-Do what the LORD wants, and he will give you your heart’s desire.

"You need to listen with a third ear."- Advice on how to listen to others. Reminds me of Jesus advice. That sometimes things aren’t as easy as what we think. And don’t pretend about it. Face up to it. Even God thinks twice. He was ready to eliminate his Chosen People when sin entered their hearts and the worshipped the golden calf. But Moses asked God to think twice about it. And thanks be to God he did. But the moments after that were hard work for all involved. The people had to face up to it. They had to change. So it makes me wonder – is that what God means when he says to do what he wants and he will give you your heart’s desire. And that desire is given to me also. God’s kindness is all I need. And when I am weak- God is strong- So I can lay all my hope, trust and faith in God- especially when I’m weak – lay all that out and just plain ol work hard in return. Work hard not to earn God’s trust – but work hard because – of what God has done for me already. I’m free to let it all go. "You need to listen with a third ear." – Ok- I’ll listen and change will be easy.

Prayer- Lord, change me today and give me that third ear to hear your call and guidance. -- Amen

No comments: