Saturday, February 18, 2006

February 18th People Reflection

Saturday 2/18/2006

Hebrews 13-So let?s go outside where Jesus is, where the action is?not
trying to be privileged insiders, but taking our share in the abuse of
Jesus.

Exodus 18-19-You can?t do this alone. Now listen to me. Let me tell
you how to do this so that God will be in this with you.

Proverbs 8-I was there.

1 Esdras 8.1-67-I was encouraged by the help of the LORD my God?

2 Corinthians 1.18-22-The message about the cross.is God?s power at
work.

Luke 17.1-10-When you have done all you should, then say, "We are
merely servants, and we have simply done our duty."

Psalm 44-Oh God, our ancestors told us what wonders you worked and we
listened carefully.

"I moved here from Canada."- A man at the hospital, revealing some of
his background. A man being open to us. Jesus opened himself to
humanity. Exposing all he had to us to save me. Jesus invites me
outside ? where the action is- he wants me to go into the world and
take the message of the cross to those outside my doors. Jesus in a
sense is asking me out to play in his kingdom and in his world. A
world where he wants to save all people. In fact he has saved all
people- but will they accept that salvation? ? will they believe in
what Jesus has done for them?- Jesus does all of this- he also
encourages me along the way- when I think I?m down and out- I can
always know that Jesus is with me- I can know that I can?t do this
alone- and I will listen to those God places in my life to give me
advice and direction and carefully listen to and for the voice of God-
I know I?m a servant of God- I?m ready to play in his world and give
all the credit to a loving and gracious God and tell all of the
wonders that God works. Listen carefully --- "I moved here from
Canada." ? Open up what God has blessed me with to others and go into
the world this day where Jesus is- where the action is.

Prayer-Lord, I give you thanks for the times you give me to serve you
outside where you are. -- Amen

No comments: