Thursday, February 23, 2006

February 23rd People Reflection

Thursday 2/23/2006

Matthew 5.1-20-You’re blessed when you are at the tend of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.

Exodus 28-29-I’ll move in and live with the Israelites. I’ll be their God.

Proverbs 13-a plain and simple life is a full life

2 Kings 2.1-12-Elijah and Elisha were walking along and talking, when suddenly there appeared between them a flaming chariot pulled by fiery horses.

Mark 4.35-41-Suddenly a windstorm struck the lake, Waves stared splashing into the boat, and it was about to sink. Jesus was in the back of the boat with his head on a pillow, and he was asleep.

Psalm 30-You have turned my sorrow into joyful dancing.

"Are you ready to go up now? We have to leave in a couple of minutes."- Huh?- I didn’t even know what this guy was talking about- was my time up or something?- At least I was going up! – well – it was really about a meeting that wasn’t on my schedule- a meeting I didn’t know about- And right at the time he asked this question- I felt as though I was at the end of my rope- and then I realized that when I’m at the end of my rope- other things can take priority- God is like that- when you think you’re done with it all- can’t do any more- when you think the situation is hopeless- you have no choice but to turn to God- and then- God tells me- hey dummy! – I’ve been here all along- what took you so long to realize it?- why do you always try to fix everything on your own?- you know there are some things that you need me for- and then when I’m most humble- it seems – God moves right in and lives with me – God is my God- and life is lived simple and in order just as I should have always- so with my friend at work- wondering if we were going "up"- I wonder if God would have sent a flaming chariot- I hope God would take me- but maybe God would take him instead—Jesus knew how to deal with life issues- he had so much faith that the storm could be calmed that he was sleeping in the boat- he knows that sorrow can and will turn into joyful dancing. "Are you ready to go up now? We have to leave in a couple of minutes." – I’m ready! Let’s go!

Prayer- Lord, come and come quickly I pray- I’m ready. -- Amen

No comments: