Thursday, February 02, 2006

February 2nd People Reflection

Thursday 2/2/2006

Luke 23.26-56- Father, I place my life in your hands! Then he breathed his last.

Genesis 42-Then he threw them into jail for three days.

Psalm 33-Love us, GOD, with all you’ve got- that’s what we’re depending on.

1 Esdras 2.16-30-And the building of the temple in Jerusalem stopped…

Luke 2.22-40-The child Jesus grew. He became strong and wise, and God blessed him.

Psalm 92-It is wonderful each morning to tell about your love and at night to announce how faithful you are.

"The water is coming from under the vanity."- A water leak- a hard one to find- it would come and go- at times is was hard to figure out what was going on- till we saw it finally – Joseph’s brothers didn’t know what was happening to them- a problem- the ruler in Egypt thought they were spies- they didn’t come to spy- and the brothers had a problem- until they saw- Joseph was right before their eyes- but they couldn’t see him- until later they finally saw- Jesus next to a couple of criminals- in front of everyone- they couldn’t see- but finally at his death they saw- Jesus the Messiah- their eyes were open- God is like that every day- right before my eyes- most of the day I don’t see – then something happens and there he is- always was there- right before my eyes- and that’s what God’s love is all about- he is with me – all day long- right before my eyes- even if I don’t see him at the time – God is there- building me up- restoring the temple of his love right in and with me- Jesus growing up in me – day by day- granting wisdom and strength and blessing- right before my eyes- even if I don’t see- and then I stray- but God strays with me- loving me all along the way- and opening my eyes so that I see him- see his love and grace and forgiveness- day after day- It’s wonderful each morning to tell about his love and at night to announce how faithful God is to me. "The water is coming from under the vanity." – Yea- some water- day after day- right before my eyes. Thanks be to God!

Prayer-Jesus, I re-visit that water day after day and see your presence all through my life. Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: