Sunday, February 26, 2006

February 26th People Reflection

Sunday 2/26/2006

Matthew 6.19-34-What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving.

Exodus 35-36-He’s gifted them with the know-how needed…

Proverbs 16-We plan the way we want to live, but only GOD makes us able to live it.

2 Esdras 1.1-3-The book of the prophet Ezra…son of….

Mark 9.2-9-They went up on a high mountain, where they could be alone.

Luke 9.28-36-"This is my chosen Son. Listen to what he says!"

Psalm 148-All creation, come praise the name of the LORD.

"Don’t date it." – A note I needed to write- without a date- a note that should have been written a few weeks back but was overlooked- it is documentation- to be filed- to be put away- nothing wrong just documentation- I don’t think God cares too much about dates either- I think God exists beyond all dates- above and beyond all time- God is in time and beyond time- that’s one reason I guess he wants me to relax- to not get so preoccupied with taking care of myself- with getting things- God knows that I will have all I need- and if I can get this through my mind I will realize that in this I am free to respond to what God has given me already- life- love- and salvation- and all at a great price- in the building of the tabernacle- God gave the people all the skills they needed- when they needed them- he will surely do the same for me- I must only respond to what he has given me- work for him in his kingdom with the gifts he freely gives- sure I need to do some planning- but it is God that gives me the life- the life to respond in joy and thanksgiving to what he first gave me- God gives- throughout all time- God gives and opens my eyes – on the mountain tops he gives me his Spirit- he sends me to the valley of life with faith and hope and love and trust- and in all his giving – how can I help but to respond with all creation in praise of his name. "Don’t date it." – Thanks be to God that he didn’t date salvation to just a few people way back when but moves salvation and life beyond all time.

Prayer- God-you are timeless- and give all life- along with all creation I give you all the praise, honor and glory! Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: