Tuesday, February 21, 2006

February 21st People Reflection

Tuesday 2/21/2006

Matthew 3-The main character in this drama… will ignite the kingdom life within you, a fire within you, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out.

Exodus 24-He got up early in the morning and built an Altar at the foot of the mountain…

Proverbs 11-a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree

Isaiah 66.1-2-The people I treasure the most are the humble

Exodus 20.1-20-I demand all you love

Psalm 48-The LORD God is wonderful!

"I’ve been praying about this." – Yea- we pray every day- we listen for the voice of God- and through the waters of baptism Jesus will ignite a life within me- a fire- the Holy Spirit changing me from the inside out- yea- prayer- that listening- that plea- that complaint- that cry for help- that cry of anguish- that gentle conversation – that time to build the Altar in the morning at the base of a mountain of a day- and from that prayer- throughout the day- God shapes us- God molds us into what he wants – working on us- sometimes the work he does hurts for a while- but I know- that from that morning prayer forward- God treasures me most when I’m humble- God demands all my love and moves me through the day- and at the end of the day- I can pray once again- I can confess my failures- I can see God active in me- in others- in the world he placed me and I can see how God was active through me at times- and I can see how God is wonderful! – and his blessings are overwhelming- yea- even in the pain- even in the sorrow- even in the suffering- God comes right through- even in the suffering-death-resurrection and glory of Jesus my Savior- "I’ve been praying about this."- and here I am once again.

Prayer- Lord, here my prayer- even when I have no words to say----I’m listening --- Amen

No comments: