Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February 28th People Reflection

Tuesday 2/28/2006

Matthew 8.1-13-Hew took our illnesses, He carried our diseases.

Exodus 39-40-the Cloud of GOD was over The Dwelling during the day and the fire was in it at night…

Proverbs 18-You may have to draw straws when faced with a tough decision.

2 Esdras 1.4-23-What more can I do for you? Says the Lord.

Psalm 51.1-18-The way to please you is to feel sorrow deep in our hearts.

Ecclesiastes 7.1-10-Harsh correction is better than the songs of a fool.

Psalm 22-People not yet born will be told, "The Lords has saved us!"

"I’ll be home after noon!"- Sarah getting out of the hospital. All of us feeling good about that. A little anxious about next steps- but all feeling good. Then I think of how Jesus takes on our illnesses – how he carries our diseases- all of us- everyone – everywhere- to the point that people not even born yet will be told the Jesus saved us! – What more can I do for you?—but that was God speaking to me- not me speaking to God- God loves us so much he does all he can for us- and saves us- and the way I can please him is to understand the depth of my sin- and to understand and rejoice in the depth of his joy in salvation from my sin- deep in my heart from deep within God’s heart- a joy beyond belief- a joy that fills the universe- and yea- in that joy – sometimes I feel that love that is correction- but I still can rejoice in the love that is behind that correction that God gives to me- that correction that allows me to return with joy and thanksgiving all God has done for me- and in the tough decisions of life- I can have faith and trust – even in chance- that even through the chance of drawing straws- God can make it all come out just fine – "I’ll be home after noon!" – And it was after noon one day that Jesus brought all of us home. – Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord, I’ll see you after lunchtime today – and we’ll throw a party. -- Amen

No comments: