Saturday, May 13, 2006

May 13th People Reflection

Saturday 5/13/2006
Acts 21.1-36-The issue in Jerusalem is not what they do to me, whether
they arrest or murder, but what the Master Jesus does through my
obedience. Can?t you see that?
Judges 16-Master, GOD! Oh, please look on me again, Oh, please, give
me strength yet once more. God!
Psalm 42-I want to drink God, deep draughts of God. I?m thirsty for
God-alive.
1 John 4.7-21-My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other
since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and
experiences relationship with God?But if we love one another, God
dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us?perfect
love!?First we were loved , now we love. He loved us first?The command
we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people.
You?ve got to love both.
Genesis 45.4-8-So you see, it wasn?t you who sent me here but God.
Psalm 105-Sing him songs, belt out hymns, translate his wonders into
music!

?That was poor acting.? ? A comment about the movie Unidentified. An
awful attempt at evangelism. Yuck!- A message that is vital but really
presented in a ?smug? way and presented poorly. But it?s not about
what I think anyway. It?s about Jesus ? his life- his love and how
deep that love is. Deep enough to give his life for mine- and in that
life Jesus give me strength ? again and again- Jesus comes to me and
loves me- love so deep it makes me want to drink deep draughts of his
love- thirsty for Jesus- and in this thirst I can reach out to the
world in testimony to a God close to me in my life- unafraid of
some ?Rapture? but joyous of a life which begins in and through Jesus
gift of salvation- not sometime when people disappear in some cruel
trick of smug Christians- but a real gift of love and life that begins
now- the moment I accept Jesus into my life- it?s not about me- it?s
not about what I do but about what God did for me first. I love
because he first loved me?So you
see?it wasn?t you who sent me but God?and God came to me first-
releasing me to a life here and now of joyous praise and thanksgiving ?
not to wait for some future event ? Jesus will come again that?s for
sure- but I also know of Jesus here and now?and for now ? that?s
enough for me. ?That was poor acting.? ? But there is one act none of
us can follow and that?s the act of God becoming flesh and saving all
creation. Do you believe? I Believe!

Prayer-Lord ? thank you for coming ? thank you for your love?now send
me out to love some friends with your perfect love. -- Amen

No comments: