Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 17th People Reflection

Wednesday 5/17/2006

Acts 24.10-27-As Paul continued to insist on right relations with God and his people, about a life of moral discipline and the coming Judgment…

Judges 21-At that time there was no king in Israel. People did whatever they felt like doing.

Psalm 46-GOD of angel armies protects us.

2 Esdras 15.46-63-therefor you shall receive your recompense…

1 Thessalonians 5.12-28-Friends, please pray for us.

Isaiah 46.3-4-I created you. I will carry you and always keep you safe.

Psalm 71-You have taught me since I was a child, and I never stop telling about your marvelous deeds.

"You didn’t notice." – I didn’t notice that we were sitting in the Non-smoking area. By request. For me. I didn’t notice. I need to notice the details. I need to notice acts of love. I need to see better and have greater vision. It’s about relationship. Relationship with God. About life and moral discipline as I wait for Jesus’ return. I need to be diligent and notice Jesus active and alive, day after day. There may not have been an earthly king in Israel but there was God, the King of eternity. Today I have Jesus as my King. Jesus and an army of angels sent to protect me. Jesus and that army praying on my behalf, keeping me safe. I will have to pay for my sin. There are results. But the cost won’t be paid with my money. The cost has already been paid with the suffering, and death of Jesus for my sin. And that’s a huge thing to notice. "You didn’t notice."- Well maybe now I see--- You have taught me since I was a child---I will never stop telling of your marvelous deeds.

Prayer-Lord, help me to pay attention to you this day. -- Amen

No comments: