Sunday, May 28, 2006

May 28th People Reflection

Sunday 5/28/2006

Romans 3.9-31-He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ…God does not respond to what we do; we respond to what God does…Our lives get in step with God and all others by letting him set the pace, not by proudly or anxiously trying to run the parade.

1 Samuel 12-don’t turn your back on GOD. Worship and serve him heart and soul!

Psalm 57-Soar high in the skies, O God! Cover the whole earth with your glory!

John 17.6-19-Then they will be one with each other, just as you and I are one.

Job 38.1-7-How did I lay the foundation for the earth?

Psalm 52-…I can count on his love forever and ever.

"They all look alike."- Steph helping me pick out a birthday gift—getting a little confused—me too! It’s nice to think that God doesn’t view all of US alike. He looks at each one of us as individuals. Each with a special purpose in mind. Each of us get into our own special mess and God restores us out of our messes to where he always wants us to be – through Jesus Christ we are all restored. It’s not about what I did to get into the mess really-it’s more about what God has done to get me out of it- God in this way doesn’t respond to what I do- like if I think I’m being all the good and stuff- that’s a bunch of crap on my part- I’ll never really be good enough by what I do- but it’s about what God has done through Jesus- and what matters is my response to God. I love God and will respond in service and love for others- I can’t help that. –but sometimes I get my response even twisted around and try to set my own pace- well- it’s not about me and my timing – it’s about God and his timing and what he would have me do and how he would have me live. I can’t turn my back on God and do my own thing. That only causes a mess on my part. I must face God and listen and look and do what he wants. I must worship and serve God with heart and soul. Put my all into it. Because God is great – his love is way out there- soaring high and covering the earth. God asks Job how did I lay the foundation for the earth/ Well, I’m not real sure – but I know the foundation for me and my life must be in the rock, Jesus Christ- and since Jesus was present at creation- maybe that’s the Rock the earth was built on. Everything built on the foundation of Jesus as Savior. I CAN count on his love forever and ever. "They all look alike."- Thanks be to God he loves us all alike too.

Lord I give you thanks for the day and for your endless, creative, saving love. --- Amen

No comments: