Saturday, May 27, 2006

May 27th People Reflection

Saturday 5/27/2006

Romans 2.1-3.8-God is kind, but he’s not soft. In kindness he takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change.

1 Samuel 10.17-11.15-The Spirit of God came on Saul when he heard the report and he flew into a rage.

Psalm 56-Now I stroll at leisure with God in the sunlit fields of life.

1 John 5.9-13-God has also said that he gave us eternal life and that this life comes to us from his Son.

Jeremiah 38.4-13-Take thirty of my soldiers and pull Jeremiah out before he dies.

Psalm 77-Our LORD, I will remember the things you have done…

"That dog can find underwear."- Phoebe our chocolate lab has a "Sarah underwear fetish"—Even to the point of finding some of her new underwear in the package, on the counter and opening the package and parading around the house with her new underwear in her mouth. She will do the same thing with socks to but this time she is picking on Sarah. It’s a strange behavior. Sometimes I think God behaves strange towards me. When I think things are under control my world turns upside down. I lose control. I feel punished by God. Other times when things are at a low point I see God working. Working for a radical life change. Taking care of me in tough and easy ways. Whichever works for his plan. When the Spirit took control of Saul he flew into a rage. That was what Saul needed. He needed backbone at the time. Just previous he was hiding amongst the baggage when God called him as King through Samuel. Sure looked like a huge wimp to me. But now that he needed strength for battle the Sprit flew him into a rage. A radical life change. God gives me eternal life through his Son Jesus. I deserve death, hell and damnation for my sin but God gives Life. A radical life change. An eternal Life change. Jeremiah was thrown into a well- the King sent thirty people to pull him out of the well- a radical life change. If I pause and think back through all the stories in the Bible- time after time I see that radical life change. That peculiar behavior – that love of God- "That dog can find underwear." – Peculiar behavior- but maybe a radical Life change is in store.

Lord-change me in a radical way to your glory this day. -- Amen

No comments: