Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May 24th People Reflection

Wednesday 5/24/2006

Acts 28.16-31-But we would like very much to hear more.

1 Samuel 6-7-If you are truly serious about coming back to GOD, clean house. Get rid of the foreign gods and fertility goddesses, ground yourselves firmly in GOD, worship him and him alone, and he’ll save you from Philistine oppression.

Psalm 53-God turns life around.

2 Esdras 17.74-78-Do not fear or doubt, for God is your guide.

Psalm 1-The LORD protects everyone who follows him…

Galatians 4.1-7-Now that we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts.

Psalm 90-When morning comes, let your love satisfy all our needs.

"Would you want to go out for lunch today?"- My friend wanting to go out for lunch. I bring my lunch but go out from time to time. We talk a little more when we go out. We share our lives at all lunches. But going out is a little special. As I Child of God I yearn to hear more. I yearn to listen to God – to follow- to serve. Yet there are times I stray. But God always calls me back. Turns life around. And God tells me if I’m truly serious about coming back I must clean house. God forgives my sin day after day but I still must repent and rid myself of the foreign gods and make God my God alone. And in this I take no fear or doubt—God is my guide and protection. Yea- I’m his child and he takes care of me and sends his Spirit into my heart. Day after day and morning after morning – God’s love meets all my needs. "Would you want to go out for lunch today?" – Sure- I want to talk to you!

Lord send your Spirit into my heart today and let your love satisfy all my needs. -- Amen

No comments: