Thursday, May 25, 2006

May 25th People Reflection

Thursday 5/25/2006

Romans 1.1-15-You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus Christ!

1 Samuel 8-We will have a king to rule us!

Psalm 54-I thank you, GOD—you’re so good.

Acts 1.1-14-But the Holy Spirit will come upon you and give your power.

Psalm 47-God goes up to his throne, as people shout and trumpets blast.

"I didn’t mean to hurt you."- An apology- Sometimes pain can be a gift. It tells me when something is wrong. It tells me when I need healing. It tells me that I am being healed. I am who I am through the gift of pain. I am who I am through the gift of God’s grace and the call of Jesus Christ. Jesus the one true King to rule all people for all time- God is so good. Even in the pain God is good. In the pain of departure of Jesus God sent the Holy Spirit with power upon the early Christians. Power in the pain. And God went up to his throne with a shout of praise. "I didn’t mean to hurt you." – Goes both ways sort of. Thanks be to God!

Lord, I praise you in your glory as I look forward to your triumphant return on the clouds. -- Amen

No comments: