Wednesday, May 31, 2006

May 31st People Reflection

Wednesday 5/31/2006

Romans 6-But God’s gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master.

1 Samuel 15-Do you think all GOD wants are sacrifices—empty rituals just for show? He wants you to listen to him!

Psalm 60-Give us help for the hard task…

Tobit 1.1-2-This book tells the story of Tobit…who was taken into captivity…

Luke 1.39-57-With all my heart I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my Savior.

Psalm 149-Shout praises to the LORD!

"It’s been a year now."- It’s been a year now that I have been reflecting on the Word of God in Scripture and through the words and actions of people. A gift of life to me. God showing himself powerfully present in people. People delivered by Jesus, our Master. And I see God present in so many of those surrounding me. I see God present away from the rituals and in daily life. And I have heard his voice and listened to him. Through the past year God has given me help in the hard tasks. Most of this help has been his actions through people. People with a story to tell. People involved in my story. And all people involved in the larger and most important story of our relationship with God. God opened my eyes forever this past year to people- opened my eyes and made my heart glad for each and every person he brought into my life this past year. Along side of all these people and this gift of People Reflections I will eternally shout praises to God. Now it’s time to change. I feel the nudge of God to learn how God is active in the daily visions of life. I feel the nudge to reflect on his Word as I read through the Bible once again. As I reflect on various scripture passages in my devotional assortment. If you have been following along all the readings you will have read through the Bible this past year plus much more. This next year of reflections will be Daily Word and Visions of God. God has blessed me in that past through People and I’m sure I will see God in Visions this upcoming year. "It’s been a year now." – A wonderful, changing, Light filled year. Thanks be to God!

Lord, thanks- thanks for People- People to love- people to listen to- thanks for your voice- thanks for your Word in Scripture and you Word in People. Thanks for truly blessing me this past year with People. All sorts of lovely creations of glory. You are God and you are wonderful. I will praise you forever with shouts of glory! Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: