Monday, May 15, 2006

May 15th People Reflection

Monday 5/15/2006

Acts 22.30-23.22-It’s going to be all right. Everything is going to turn out for the best. You’ve been a good witness for me here in Jerusalem. Now you’re going to be my witness in Rome!

Judges 19-Think about it! Talk it over. Do something!

Psalm 44-If you love us so much, Help us!

2 Esdras 15.28-33-an enemy in ambush shall attack them and destroy one of them…

1 Thessalonians 4.13-18-From that time on we will all be with the Lord forever. Encourage each other with these words.

Philippians 2.5-11-So at the name of Jesus everyone will bow down, those in heaven, on earth, and under the earth.

Psalm 10-Why are you far away, LORD?

"There’s some wax on that pillow; so this must be my pew." –A little old lady trying to find her pew in a UCC Church I went to in Conover NC. I think I threw her off. Something unexpected. Anyway- she found her pew by the wax on the seat cushion. But unlike this woman, Paul had to move on to different ground. On to Jerusalem. Everything would turn out fine. But there was a storm brewing. And Paul would have to weather the storm for God. Paul had done his work and was now ready to witness in Rome. It was time to leave the message he had presented and let the people think about it, talk it over and do something. Another message was sent in the Judges passage. Israelite men had been awful to a concubine. Raped her all night long in the place of having another male. The concubine was cut into twelve pieces and sent to the tribes of Israel. Think about it- Talk it over- Do something. And that’s the way it is with sin. Think about it – Talk it over- Do something. Beware of the evil enemy that will ambush and destroy. Encourage one another. We all sin – Think about it – Talk it over- Do something. And God did do something- he sent his Son into the world to take on my sin and save me – Think about it – Talk it over – Do something. God is not far away from me- he draws close to me- it’s I who get "far away from God" – I run in shame from God- but God comes to me – even in my sin- especially in my sin- Think about it – Talk it over – Do something. – Sometimes it’s time to change- go to a different pew and see God in a different light- let his warmth and love follow right along and in the change – Think about it – Talk it over – Do something. – "There’s some wax on that pillow; so this must be my pew." – But what if someone sits in THAT spot next Sunday? – Think about it- Talk it over – Do something.

Prayer-Lord help me this day to reflect on your grace – Think about it –Talk it over – Do something -- Amen

No comments: