Wednesday, May 03, 2006

May 2nd People Reflection

Wednesday 5/3/2006

Acts 15.22-41-what do I have to do to be saved, to really live? They said, "Put you entire trust in the Master Jesus. Then you’ll live as you were meant to live—and everyone in your house included!"

Judges 1-They kept living there, but they were put to forced labor.

Job 33-we’re both made of the same kind of mud.

2 Esdras 14.3-18-For the eagle that you saw in the vision is already hurrying to come.

Psalm 44.1-3, 20-26-Do something! Help Us! Show how kind you are and come to our rescue.

Acts 5.1-11-What made you do such a thing?

Psalm 41-You, the LORD God of Israel, will be praised forever!

"I had to stand by again."- Sometimes at work we have to "stand by" – when discipline is being administered for security reasons. In case something would go a sour direction. But you can’t live life in the "stand by mode" – You have to live it – really live it – what do I have to do to be saved? – well, don’t live in "stand by"- put your entire trust in Jesus- it’s what he did- and nothing about what I can do- I can’t live this one in "stand by"- I must put my entire trust in what Jesus did to save me- not what I do but what he does- and when I place my trust in God- then I’ll live- really live as I was meant to live- bye bye "stand by" – and I wonder if some of the people in the Promised Land that refused to be defeated- did God let them live? – did they put their trust in God? – don’t know for sure- but God did let them live there- stand by or not- maybe they are like the world to us- maybe they are there to point out that I will have to live with other people who may or may not be Christians – and I have to learn to live with them- learn to love them just the same- they are made from the same kind of mud- and God loves them also- there is just some time and a decision for them ahead- but we all must hurry and make it clear that we put all our trust in Jesus- he is coming again- hurry! – Jesus is coming again to help us and rescue us- even though I am already living eternal life in his name- I must remember- Jesus is coming again- and he will be praised forever. Lord—What made you do such a thing? – I think it is a love beyond all loves. – " I had to stand by again." – bye bye stand by- I’ll place my trust in Jesus and live.

Prayer- Lord- lead me this day- no "stand by" here. -- Amen

No comments: