Tuesday, May 23, 2006

May 23rd People Reflection

Tuesday 5/23/2006

Acts 28.1-15-We spent a wonderful three months on Malta.

1 Samuel 4-5-Glory is exiled from Israel since the Chest of God was taken.

Psalm 52-I thank you always that you went into action.

2 Esdras 16.68-73-Then the tested quality of my elect shall be manifest, like gold that is tested by fire.

Psalm 47-Sing praises to God our King, the ruler of all the earth!

Acts 23.1-11-Maybe a spirit or an angel really did speak to him.

Psalm 24-He is our LORD the All-Powerful!

"The mysterious lives of two best friends." – A comment about Mark and myself. Mysterious lives—I think those were the words. Life is a mystery. Paul on his way to trial in Rome is shipwrecked. And it turned out to be three wonderful months on an island- a mystery. God leads me into mystery of life day after day. Just when I think I’m in control and have it all planned out- mystery. The Ark of the Covenant was taken from Israel by the Philistines. The Ark brought death and tumors and all sorts of issues to the people who didn’t respect it. Life in this Ark of God became a mystery of life to the Philistines. Then God takes action in my life. Does something-changes me- mystery of life. God tests me day after day- I never know what the test may be- but in the tests he strengthens me- mystery day after day. In all this mystery I realize that I am not in control but that I am a part of God’s control. Will I be willing? Will I go faithfully where God chooses to send me? Will I obey? I think in all this mystery I must give in to God- I must and WILL follow his call – I WILL trust in God – because in the mystery is life. Life in Jesus- Life through the grace of God- the mystery becomes Life in me and creates a deep joy and love beyond my understanding- a mystery of my own- He is our Lord All-Powerful – a Mystery of Life- "The mysterious lives of two best friends." – Jesus and myself- Myself and Mark- Myself and whoever God gives.

Lord, I thank you for the glorious mystery you involve me in- this Mystery gives Life. Lead me and guide me this day to reach out in love to whomever that mysterious life you place in my path this day. -- Amen

No comments: