Friday, May 05, 2006

May 5th People Reflection

Friday 5/5/2006

Acts 16.16-40-Along about midnight, Paul and Silas were at prayer and singing a robust hymn to God.

Judges 4-5-Make music to GOD, to the God of Israel.

Job 35-Job, you talk sheer nonsense—nonstop nonsense!

2 Esdras 14.23-26-and I will light in your heart the lamp of understanding, which shall not be put out until what you are about to write is finished.

Acts 4.5-12-This man is standing here completely well because of the power of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Romans 14.1-13-But each of you should make up your own mind.

Psalm 112-they have decided to trust the LORD

This was just a look- a girl next to me at the gym- the one machine had a problem keeping time- you would be on it forever- I said something to her about it- so she moved to the other machine to my right- it made a bunch of noise- she gave me a look and a smile of helplessness- I was almost finished so I told her to take the machine I was on. I wonder if the jailer of Paul and Silas gave them a look when they were singing in prison- when the earthquake occurred and everyone stayed put. I wonder about looks- how when we sing praise to God- that look into another person’s eyes- that connection of our spirit with the Spirit of God.- That curiosity – is the other person feeling God move in them too? – What kind of look did Job give to his friends who were there to comfort him but told him that he was talking nonsense? – What kind of look did Jesus give Peter at the denial?- Did they connect? – I think maybe so- in a look we connect spirits- In a look we connect hearts and God’s lamp is lit in that connection- Did Jesus give the people below him at the cross a look?- I think that connection would be a look of love- a look of love beyond understanding- a look that causes me to trust in God. "This was just a look…" – But oh what a look my Savior gives- what a connection of love for eternity!

Prayer-Lord, speak through me today in looks. -- Amen

No comments: