Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Turn frustration over and see joy.

Readings of the Day
Mark 15.21-47-Jesus cries his last from the cross and dies and the curtain of the temple is torn in two, from top to bottom.
1 Kings 11-Solomon turns from God to false gods.
Hosea 13-The people worship false gods and turn away from God.
Romans 2.12-16-Let the law be written on your heart.

God's Word of the Day
I cried from the cross in pain and death for your sin. I rose victorious over sin and death for your sin. Now go in joy to love and serve Me now and forever.

Story of the Day
As the father looked on the child swimming that day in the ocean, he could see the joy. It had been a relaxing day in the sun. But then he noticed his daughter in a struggle. She would go under and come back up. The ocean waves were pulling her under and away. There had been a warning posted on the beach but everyone was ignoring this warning. So the father went to the rescue of his daughter. By the time he caught up with his daughter, the father was feeling the force of the pull of the current under and away. With a struggle he pulled his daughter back to the beach and rescued his daughter from certain death. Then the guilt set in. They had been warned but had ignored the warning. Why? Why did he choose as a father to ignore the warning. After all, even the lifeguards were not on duty do to the posted warning. A lesson learned.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You post the signs and give the warnings, yet I choose to ignore them and go my own way. I turn from You in so many ways. Forgive my selfishness and save me. Save me from the death I deserve. Save me from the waves of sin that pull me under and away from the warmth of Your love and the safety of Your presence. Save me and lead me in the way I should go. I turn to You this day. I run to You this day, and You choose to run to me with open arms. In joy I come to new life to love and serve You in Your Kingdom. Serve in joy, today, tomorrow and into eternity. ---Amen

No comments: