Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Rest in each other's arms.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 5-A little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough.
1 Kings 18-The LORD indeed is God; the LORD indeed is God.
Amos 2.1-3.2-There is a punishment for sin.
Hebrews 2.1-9-But we do see Jesus who suffered and died so that by the grace of God he would taste death for everyone.

God's Word of the Day
There is punishment for sin and yet there is One whom I have given to taste that death of punishment for everyone. Rest in His arms.

Story of the Day
It sure didn't take much. Just a drop was all that was needed. We were preparing a batch of chili to bring to the party for the big game. We wanted to make to hot! It didn't take much. Just a drop was all that was needed. But we wanted it to be hot. So one drop and maybe a few more will make it even better. Then the sample. It was soooo hot, you couldn't even eat it. Well, sure, you could eat it, but taste it...never! A couple of extra drops ruined the whole pot! We had to start all over on the chili.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know, it didn't take much. A little sin here or there. Nobody will even know. But you and I know. You know of my sin. That little drop that ruined it all. Forgive me. Forgive us. Forgive our action and inaction. Forgive me. I and we need You. We need Your saving grace. We need Your forgiveness. Grant me the grace to rest in Your arms and send me out in Your love to forgive and permit the rest in arms of those I am with. ---Amen

No comments: