Friday, July 04, 2008

July 4th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Focus outward not inward.


Readings of the Day
Mark 12.28-44-Love God with all heart, mind, soul and strength, and love others as oneself. Give all you have in and for this Love.
1 Kings 4-5-Work together in the building of God's house.
Hosea 7.3-16-God is frustrated in his desire to save his people.
Romans 7.7-20-I don't do the good I want to do, it is the evil that I don't want to do that I do.

God's Word of the Day
Look at Me. See how if you focus on Me you will live. If you focus on yourself, you will perish.

Story of the Day
Lying on the beach, I became focused on my problems. I became focused on my needs and wants. I began to curl up into a fetal position. I also began to notice that as I lay in this position, that being on the beach and in the sun was useless. I needed the warmth of the sun. I need some rest and relaxation. God had brought me to this place to restore my soul. But what was I doing? I was expending more effort curling up into a selfish little ball. This took more tenseness of muscle and more effort than opening up to the warmth of the sun and relaxation. So I heard the voice of God in the waves and opened up. As I uncurled, I first began to relax my muscles then I noticed the warmth of the sun feeding my body. Then I noticed the people around me. I began to focus outward and open myself up to those around me. I began to hear the voice of God. I began to talk to others and have compassion for their needs. I began to let the warmth of the Son flow outward from myself in waves of love just at God spoke to me in the waves of love from the ocean.

Prayer of the Day
You teach the way. Let me live in Your way. Let me open myself up to Your warmth and love that this same love may freely flow outward. Let me focus on You that I may see the needs of Your children and the Love You have for them. ---Amen

No comments: