Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Don't let the multitudes chase you away.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 4-Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich!
1 Kings 17-Let this child's life come into him again.
Amos 1-Remember the covenant of kinship and love your neighbor.
Matthew 13.10-17-See and hear God's Word.

God's Word of the Day
I have place My Word in your heart. Stand up in the multitudes and proclaim My Gospel.

Story of the Day
It felt so good to sleep in yet get up to the early morning sun on that summer day. As I ran outside to play, I jumped on my bike and took off to who knows where. Down through the alleys, I decided to ride my bike over to my friends house to see if he could come out and play. He was home! So we rode out together, talking and laughing. Up to the swimming pool to see what was going on there. They weren't even open yet, but the park was open and the Park Counselor was opening up that box of sports equipment. So we picked up the baseball and bat and began to play catch and hit. Then the crowd of kids came. We chose sides and started a game of softball. As we were choosing sides there was one boy who couldn't walk very good. He had some kind of handicap. We didn't know what it was. But I felt that we should choose him first. So I whispered in my friends ear to choose him instead of me to be on his team. He was always last and I knew it hurt his feelings. So my friend chose this boy first. Then I was chosen to be on the other team instead of my friends. And that was just fine by me, because I got to see how elated that other boy was to be chosen first. That was a good summer day of fun for a bunch of kids at the park.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, show me how this day to love my neighbor. Show me how to take a stand for another and defend their honor. Help me to explain their actions in the kindest way and show love and compassion. Help me see each person through Your eyes. Give me the loving care You have for everyone of Your children. You have provided Your Word and richly blessed me this day. May I find the joy You give in love of another. ---Amen

No comments: