Tuesday, July 08, 2008

July 8th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Be prepared and ready.

Readings of the Day
Mark 14.32-72-Jesus prays then is betrayed, arrested and denied.
1 Kings 9-God puts His name in the temple forever.
Hosea 11.1-11-God loves so much that He won't even give up His sinful children.
Jeremiah 28.10-17-Hananiah speaks rebellion against the LORD.

God's Word of the Day
Come to me in prayer. Prepare yourself for a love so deep that even sin and rebellion won't keep Me away from you.

Story of the Day
It was so early that morning. Abe needed to go out. So I took him out for a walk. Abe was a loyal dog and my friend. As we were walking along I saw a light streak across the sky. It seemed to land someplace close. So I searched. I wasn't even sure of what I had seen. Surely it must have been a falling star. Possibly it was fireworks. But this was 4:20 am. I couldn't imagine who would have been up at this time but myself out walking the dog.

Then I thought of how Jesus must have come to earth. Surely He was like a streak of light. Light that came and then disappeared into the earth. He came so humbly. He came yet gloriously from heaven. He came to live with us forever. He came as streak of Light that brought a love so deep that even sin and rebellion, even betrayal and denial couldn't keep His Love and Light away. What a great love of His children God displays in this streak of Light. Oh how He burnt His name on this earth forever. It was so early that morning. But I saw that streak of Light! Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
I give You thanks dear Lord for being that streak of Light that come into my world. That burnt Your name into my heart and the temple of my soul. I give You thanks for the Love You teach. Go with me this day into Your Kingdom to serve and love You and those You give to me. ---Amen

No comments: