Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
There is a time to move on.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 12-To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1 Kings 6.1-7.2-Do not be afraid for there is more with us than are with them.

God's Word of the Day
Even in the midst of the battle, know that I am with you.

Story of the Day
The battle lines were drawn and the fight was about to begin. We were so outnumbered that it appeared that defeat was surely going to be the outcome. Then I heard it. I heard and even felt the voice and breath of one by my side. A friend who had always stuck it out with me through thick and thin. I felt the presence of a friend who had been there in the happy times. We had laughed together. We had cried together. Though we were outnumbered, I knew that everything would be just fine. In victory or even in defeat, I would have my friend by my side, and knowing this alone made all the difference in the battle ahead.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, even in the midst of the battle I know You are always with me. Thanks! ---Amen

No comments: