Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Don't abandon your call to action.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 15.1-34-Then he appeared...But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. for since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ.
2 Kings 10-Jehu, as a servant of God, was zealous in action.
Micah 1-Listen to God. He comes to His people and gives warnings and directions.
Mark 4.30-34-The kingdom God will grow beyond belief.

God's Word of the Day
I have called you to be faithful to Me and to one another. Love Me and each other.

Story of the Day
The storm had caused our small ship to toss and turn in the sea. Then it happened. A huge wave came over the ship and tossed a couple of us into the sea. We were able to ride the waves on our own, but were separated from the ship. Many times we could not even see the ship. At times I wished a huge fish would swallow me and save me from this peril. So here I was riding the waves of the sea, unsure of life or death. Here I was in the midst of panic, no time to think, no time to ponder, only time to act for survival. Here I was...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes I feel like I've been tossed overboard. Tossed into the sea with no time to ponder Your glory. Tossed into the sea and only thinking of my survival. Lead me to see Your hope, Your glory, Your grace, and Your salvation. I can't save myself in this sea of life. I turn to You and stop, even while in peril in the midst of the sea. I stop to hear Your Voice and heed Your call and be Your servant. For You alone are my only hope and salvation. I die to my sinful self and live only through You. Teach me that Love that I may love those by my side, likewise, in this sea. Allow Me to see Your grace and love in the sea. ---Amen

No comments: