Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Stay behind and keep things going.

Readings of the Day
Mark 16-The stone had already been rolled back. Jesus was gone. Later Jesus himself sent out through the disciples, from east to west, the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation.
1 Kings 12.1-31-David's kingdom is split and both sides go bad and turn from God.
Hosea 14-The ways of God are right, and the upright walk in them.
Romans 15.14-21-Speak out about what Christ has accomplished.

God's Word of the Day
Boast in Me. Tell of what I have done to all the world, from east to west, north to south.

Story of the Day
The miners were trapped behind and beneath a pile of stone. All were worried that life would be lost. Rescue efforts began and data was taken by sensors letting them know that there was some oxygen supply available. But how long would it take? And how did we even know if there were any survivors to rescue in the first place?

So the rescue effort continued. The digging commenced. Then a sign of life. But the life was not behind the stone we had thought. The life was beyond the stone. The life was on the other side of the stone. The life was in the turning around and the going of the other way.

The miners had freed themselves by going beyond the stone that all the others thought they were trapped behind. And oh how the story goes. the miners told the story of a life that existed beyond the stone for the remainder of their lives. They had escaped certain death. They had turned around and took a different path to life that lead to light and life and renewal. You see the trapped miners found a different way to Life than what the rescuers were sure was the only way to life. Around the stone and up the path to Light and Life.

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, I turn around, I turn around and return to You. You have been here all along but I have strayed. I turn to You, knowing that You alone passed through that stone and gave me eternal life. You did what I could never do. You died and rose again for me. Thank You! Thank You for passing through that stone of sin. Passing through that stone twice for me. Thank You for entering the death of my sin. Thank You for passing once again through that death of sin and defeating the barrier to give me life. You have given me Life and Light in You. I turn to You and give You all the honor, glory and praise. For You alone are my God. I will go past that stone to tell all the world, from east to west and north to south all You have done. ---Amen

No comments: